With one out of every three jobs in Canada linked directly to goods and service exports, few would dispute that trade is a vital component of Canada’s economic health. By the same token, we believe the development of today’s youth – tomorrow’s international business leaders – is equally important.
In a continued effort to foster an export culture in Canada, and create a workforce that is globally minded, the Alberta Export Award Committee is pleased to offer the Alberta Export Award for International Business Studies.
This award recognizes students who have demonstrated leadership, excelled in their international business studies (be it international business, finance, relations or economics) and have made a significant contribution to the export community in Alberta.
Get ready to submit your application form by preparing, in advance:
During the application process, there will be space to input a few paragraphs about you. You may wish to include the following in your narrative to provide judges with more information about you:
• Relevant international research or business experience involving an export oriented company or the development of an idea that supports the Alberta export community.
• Commitment to international business or trade as reflected in your academic program, extra-curricular activities, foreign language training and/or participation in an international exchange program; and
• Demonstrated leadership you have provided in a variety of faculty, university or community activities.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017
Eligibility: Open to individuals attending post secondary in Alberta and are actively involved in programs that involve international studies.
• Good academic standing
• Demonstrated leadership/initiative
• Exemplary/Outstanding contribution to Ontario’s export community
Alberta Export Awards
The information on this form and any supporting documents are subject to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. The Information requested on this form is collected and used for the purposes of administering the 2017 Alberta Export Awards. All information provided to us will be considered as supplied IN CONFIDENCE. Photos and videos taken at the event may be used for promotional purposes.